The Connected Culture Website is one output of Connected Culture, the network celebrating adult participatory arts. Connected Culture is a Spare Tyre Theatre Company initiative and is hosted by Spare Tyre Theatre Company which is a registered charity (registered charity number 273418, company registration number 1301049) whose registered office is Unit 3.22 Canterbury Court, 1-3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE.
1. Access to the Connected Culture Website is permitted on a temporary basis and Spare Tyre Theatre Company reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on the Website without notice. Spare Tyre Theatre Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Connected Culture Website is not available at any time or for any period. From time to time, Spare Tyre Theatre Company may restrict access to some parts of the Connected Culture Website, or the entire Connected Culture Website, if required. Spare Tyre Theatre Company aims to update the Connected Culture Website regularly and may change the content at any time. Spare Tyre Theatre Company may therefore have to suspend access to the Connected Culture Website, or close it if necessary. Any of the material on the Connected Culture Website may be out of date at any given time and Spare Tyre Theatre Company is under no obligation to update such material.
2. You agree to use the Connected Culture website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Connected Culture website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive material or disrupting any aspect of the Connected Culture Website.
4. Spare Tyre Theatre Company shall not be liable for and accepts no responsibility for any information presented by a third party
1. All content included on the Connected Culture Website remains vested in Spare Tyre Theatre Company or its licensors (which includes artists, curators and other users), and is protected by copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property Rights (registered and unregistered). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Connected Culture Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Connected Culture Website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Connected Culture Website content requires the prior written permission of Spare Tyre Theatre Company or the relevant third party.
2. The names, images and logos identifying Connected Culture, Spare Tyre Theatre Company, or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the Connected Culture, Spare Tyre Theatre Company and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the Connected Culture, Spare Tyre Theatre Company or any other third party.
Connected Culture network
2. You agree to use the Connected Culture network in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply to all areas and services of the Connected Culture Website.
(i) About your posts:
• Contributions must be civil, tasteful and appropriate.
• No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite.
• Material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, offensive on grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation or gender or otherwise objectionable is not acceptable.
• If you use multiple profiles for the purpose of disrupting the network you may have action taken against your profile accounts.
• No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
• No advertising.
• Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed
• No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
• You may reference specific URLs (web site addresses) providing they are relevant to the discussion and the website content is appropriate.
• Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else. This includes telephone numbers, address, email address.
(ii) Your Connected Culture Membership:
• All Connected Culture memberships must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Membership accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
• Spare Tyre Theatre Company reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to disrupt of any of our services in any way.
• Spare Tyre Theatre Company advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) on the Connected Culture website.
(iv) Legal requirements:
• You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on the Connected Culture website. This includes text, images, video or audio.
• Contributing material to the Connected Culture website with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to submit to or share with the Connected Culture website only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of Spare Tyre Theatre Company or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you're under 16:
• Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in the Connected Culture network.
• Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach the Connected Culture Network Rules:
• If you fail to abide by these rules when using the Connected Culture Website, you will be sent an email, which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
• If you continue to breach these rules Spare Tyre Theatre Company has the right to temporarily or permanently suspend your Connected Culture network membership and access to any other services offered by the Connected Culture Website.
• If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Connected Culture Website and Spare Tyre Theatre Company considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Spare Tyre Theatre Company may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
• Spare Tyre Theatre Company reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any Connected Culture Network Membership account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
1. The majority of content posted on the Connected Culture Website is created by artists, curators, art professionals and organisations. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Spare Tyre Theatre Company.
2. Spare Tyre Theatre Company has tried to ensure that the contents and information it provides on its web sites is accurate at the time of posting. Unfortunately it cannot guarantee the accuracy of contents or information contained in its pages and any person using information contained in them does so entirely at their own risk.
3. Some content (text, images, video and audio) displayed on the Connected Culture Website may cause offence in certain cultural contexts and may not be suitable for display to young children.
4. The colour representation of images displayed on the websites may vary according to an individual users monitor settings and graphics card.
5. Spare Tyre Theatre Company is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Connected Culture Website. Any links to third party websites from the Connected Culture Website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Spare Tyre Theatre Company and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
6. Spare Tyre Theatre Company is not liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Connected Culture Website regardless of the form of action.
7. Spare Tyre Theatre Company does not warrant that functions available on the Connected Culture Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Connected Culture Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
Please note that all Cookies exist to enable functionality on the website and not for advertising purposes. If you do not wish these cookies to be tracked you can disable them in your browser, but this may negatively effect your experience on the site.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using this website:
First party cookies: these are Spare Tyre Theatre Company's own cookies, controlled by Spare Tyre Theatre Company and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which the Connected Culture website is using to enhance the site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.